Benefits of Using Recycled Water
Photo Credit: None
- Reduces stress on limited supply of fresh water
- Environmental protection of waterways, reducing discharges of hyper-clean effluent from treatment of blackwater into the rivers, lakes, oceans and the groundwater.
- Reliability of supply—Reclaimed water is a local source of water not dependent upon the whims of others in basins from which potable water originates
- Development of water recycling projects improves local economies, provides jobs, and prevents public and private landscapes from deteriorating.
- Important strategy for low impact development, sustainable building, and green building initiatives.
- Provides additional points toward LEED certification.